Adult Stem Cell Therapy Blog

VesCell Adult Stem Cells Help Dilated Cardiomyopathy Patient

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - Stem Cell Guru




My last post was about Karl Wagner and how VesCell Stem Cell therapy is now being used to help Pulmonary Hypertension patients. This post, I present another patient helped by VesCell Adult Stem Cells, but this time it is for Dilated Cardiomyopathy.

Leonard Narracci saw the story of Karl Wagner treated for Pulmonary Hypertension with Vescell on the Adult Stem Cell research blog and apparently he had to write in to that blog sharing his own story.

Leonard was diagnosed with Dilated Cardiomyopathy approximately 3 years ago. Like most patients diagnosed with this condition that affects the heart muscle, Leonard felt tired all of the time, lethargic, no energy etc.

For most Dilated Cardiomyopathy patients, there is no hope for improvement. Medications can sometimes "keep the status quo," but that is the most these patients can usually hope for.

Leonard researched VesCell stem cell treatment intensely and contacted Dr. Zannos Grekos in Florida to see if he may be a candidate for the stem cell therapy. Dr. Grekos checked him out and pronounced him a candidate. The rest is history. On October 8, 2008, Leonard had his own Adult Stem Cells implanted. From Leonard's letter:

On October 8th. The agent took us to the hospital where I was prepped for the procedure and then taken to the Catheterization Lab for the procedure. The procedure takes between an hour and an hour and a half. I felt absolutely nothing, and was totally fascinated watching the entire procedure on the monitor. During the entire treatment, Dr. Grekos would check on me, and tell me that everything was proceeding perfectly

Exactly 7 days after the treatment I was feeling a renewed engergy and sense of well-being that I had not experienced in three years. Two weeks after the treatment, I had a follow-up appointment with Dr. Grekos. He was much more than pleased with the results he found. He did an Echogram, and the results were nothing short of remarkable. After only two weeks he found that my heart apex was normal, my heart had decreased in size and my ejection fraction had risen from 20 to 28. On November 25th. I went back to Doctor Grekos’ office for more testing, 7 weeks after treatment. The Echogram showed the walls of my heart thickening, indicating that the stem cells were regenerating healthy heart muscle that previously was non-functional and not contracting. It was now contracting strongly, evidenced by the fact that my ejection fraction was now up to 33. I guess these results say it all, and I am looking forward to the progression of these results over the next several months.


Here is another gentleman treated with VesCell Adult Stem Cells for Dilated Cardiomyopathy

Today is exactly two months after Leonard was treated for Dilated Cardiomyopathy using VesCell Adult Stem Cells. I sincerely hope Leonard continues his remarkable progress.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Site Feed