Adult Stem Cell Therapy Blog

TheraVitae Cares: One Family's Thanks . . .

Thursday, August 31, 2006 - Stem Cell Guru

The email below was received by Don Margolis, Co-founder of TheraVitae Ltd., yesterday.

'J.' had been looking for a treatment for her father-in-law for some time and, over the past few months, has been in regular contact with Don regarding the possibility of having her father-in-law accepted as a patient by TheraVitae in order to undergo VesCell therapy. (All patients have to meet specific criteria laid down by medical professionals before they are accepted for treatment by TheraVitae.)

Over the months 'J.' has learned a lot about the treatment provided; our company; and the cardiologists whom we work in partnership with.

Her email sums up her family's journey to date . . .

+++

From: J.
To: Donald Margolis
Sent: 2006-08-30 16:17:35

Dear Don

Thank you so much for all the personalized care and compassion you have shown me during this most stressful time. I cannot express to you my gratitude for you, Dick, and your company. My father-in-law lost his wife to ovarian cancer in 2003. He tried so hard, then, to find a "miracle" cure for her, but eventually knew that it was just not going to happen.

He has been told since 1985 that he is "amazing" in the eyes of medicine, as they would have not thought he could have lived very long then. He is a fighter and has been determined to have a stem cell treatment for over a year now, when he read about it in the reader's digest. I very much dismissed him for quite a while. Being a nurse and providing conventional medicine for so long now, I new that the US was not going to provide this treatment for him. It was not until I came cross your company, that I finally began to believe that this may be the answer. He keeps telling me that he WILL be on his roller blades again. He wore them until last fall almost every day.

I know that the odds are against us. I totally understand your physicians being very careful about their choice of patients. No matter whether my father is accepted into your treatment program or not, I will continue to follow your company. You are truly on the edge of saving so many lives.

Your determination as a company as well as you, Don, as an individual is miraculous. I applaud you from the bottom of my heart for all that you have done for medicine. It truly has me in tears. My father is so important to us, but looking at the big picture, this procedure will be SO important to SO many and I respect any decision that your doctors make. Having said that, I will call in the morning to schedule his TEE and continue saying prayers that this procedure is in the cards for him.

May God bless you and all the people involved in your company.

Warmest Regards

J.

+++

Emails we have received from patients and their family members can be found on the Patient Progress area of our website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Site Feed