Adult Stem Cell Therapy Blog

Use of Stem Cells for Heart Repair: The James Eilert Story

Friday, October 17, 2008 - Stem Cell Guru


One of the big questions in the field of stem cell treatment for heart disease is "Are there any positive heart muscle health aspects of using adult stem cells for the heart?" Or, more simply put, can stem cells help a damaged heart?

Well, yes, we do believe and today I give you Exhibit A- James Eilert. James, 34 and overweight became one of the young victims of the heart disease epidemic in the United States (and elsewhere). James had a major heart attack in his "widow maker" artery. Well, recently, James wrote us a letter detailing his story since his heart attack, I'll just let him tell you. Here are some excerpts from James' letter:

I would like to thank you for starting up the Theravitae company, if it wasn't for that treatment I would be much worse off than I am today!
I would also like to thank Dr Thein Htut and Dr Barbara Czerska for their work in fixing me up.
But most of all I would like to thank my friends Pete and Rhonda Voelzke who loaned me the money - they truly saved my life!

Here is my story,

In Jan 2006, when I was 34 years old I had a "widowmaker" , 100
percent blockage of the left ascending coronary artery. My ejection fraction (EF)was between 20 and 25 percent and I was told that I had about 5 years left.

I still kept working 45 - 50 hours a week, but it was getting very difficult. I didn't want to die but figured it would be better than living like this. No hope and a relatively short, sucky life.


This was when James found the VesCell website along with Dr. Czerska's name on it. Already a patient at Henry Ford Clinic where Dr. Czerska was the Director of Heart Transplantation, James switched cardiologists and prepared for VesCell adult stem cell therapy.

In November 2007, James was treated via catheter at Phyathai 2 Hospital by Dr. Damras Tresukosol,using his own adult stem cells. Back to James:

1 1/2 weeks after I had an echo done and the completely dead apex was
beating again - verrrrry weakly but it was moving
.

6 months later- my sidewalls are now beating normally, my septum went from 100%
damage to 30% damage. Dr. Czerska says my heart is 50 percent more elastic than the year before adult stem cell therapy

Some additions - after 6 months -
My total dead heart tissue is down to about 10 percent - and my EF is up to 50 percent!


I want to be able to do a 10 minute mile (6mph) I really think it is so cool that the first two rehabs after my MI it took almost a 1 1/2 - 2 months to be able to jog at 5mph for 20 minutes. I am almost there now and I have been doing it for a week and a half!

It is also nice to not be gasping for breathe as I am doing this
.

I have had no weight swings up or down, at the end of the first week i had lost 2lbs - 1/2" off my waist and this has held steady.

If i can get rid of this extra 50 lbs in the next 6 months i am sure i will probably feel much better.

So anyway there is my story. Have a good day and keep fighting!

James Eilert


James wants his story to get out. He has told us you are welcome to call or email him about his experience with VesCell adult stem cell therapy. Living in Michigan, his phone number is 248-227-3016 and his email is jameseilert@att.net

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Site Feed