Adult Stem Cell Therapy Blog

Don Ho goes hana hou - stem cell progress

Friday, January 20, 2006 - Stem Cell Guru

Here is the latest on Don Ho's progress after treatment published in the Honolulu Advertiser.

Posted on: Thursday, January 19, 2006

Don Ho goes hana hou
By Wayne HaradaAdvertiser Entertainment Writer


Don Ho isn't worried about how his heart will respond when he returns to the stage Sunday night in Waikiki.

It's his voice that concerns him.

"I don't know if I can sing," said Ho, 75, who underwent an experimental stem cell procedure last month in Thailand to bolster his heart muscles. "My stamina's good. I don't want to sit around and do nothing, which is why I've been trying to clean out some junk at home. But I just don't know how my voice is going to sound."

Ho long has been Hawai'i's most recognized entertainer. His experimental surgery on Dec. 5 generated headlines worldwide and gave hope to others with failing hearts.
Sunday's performance, which will include his trademark "Tiny Bubbles," will be the latest step toward resumption of routine as his heart continues to improve.

"Just going back to work will be great," he said. "We'll start with one show and see how that goes."

read more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Site Feed