Adult Stem Cell Therapy Blog

Florida Stem Cell Heart Patient - Esteban Bonilla sent us this udpate

Thursday, January 26, 2006 - Stem Cell Guru

We just received an update from Esteban Bonilla. You may recall that MSNBC.com recently featured Esteban's treatment in Thailand: Stem cell therapy sparks hope in ailing hearts by Chawadee Nualkhair (Reuters).

We wish Esteban the best of luck and hope to see him diving again soon.

Below are excepts from Esteban's email. Some personal medical details have been removed.


----- Original Message -----
From: Esteban Bonilla
To: Dr. x (dr. name edited)
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 2:18 AM
Subject: First follow-up

Dear Dr. X,

I hope you are doing well. I wanted to update you as fast as I could about my first follow-up appointment. I know you told me not to expect much so I really did not expect too much but then again, I was hopeful for some noticable changes. I had an Echocardiogram done this morning and from the best I could see the heart looks better than I had remembered seeing it. The function measured at the weakest measurement was now at 24%...

Most of the heart muscle that was barely pumping is now pumping, only a few areas not moving at all... I still have a lot of regurgatation from the valve... I did not get to speak with my cardiologist about what I saw but I know this for sure, I feel better, reguardless of what the numbers say...

... I walk as much as possible, usually 4 to 5 times a week and 30 to 45 minutes at a time. No palps, no pain, no real shortness of breath and no fatique. My heart rate is elevated though and that concerns me...

Dr. x, Thank you for taking the time to read my mail. All the best to you and your staff at the Heart Hospital...

Peace always,

Esteban Bonilla

Note from VesCell: Bangkok Heart Hospital treated Esteban about one month ago. Improvements due to the stem cells normally materialize approximately 3-4 months after treatment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Site Feed