Adult Stem Cell Therapy Blog

Patient sees EF double following VesCell therapy

Monday, March 27, 2006 - Stem Cell Guru

What better way to start the week than with news from a patient who's seen his EF double since undergoing VesCell therapy in mid-2005, and who now regards his health as back to 'almost normal'. This email was sent by Richard S. to TheraVitae's Co-Founder Don Margolis. Names have been abbreviated to ensure patient and doctor confidentiality.

+++

From: "Richard S."
To: dm@theravitae.com
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:51 PM
Subject: Richard S. Progress Report

Dear Don,

Sorry we haven't been in touch sooner, but we have been monitoring your progress on the blog and it appears that you are snowed under in Bangkok with new patients.

It sounds like you are doing a great job with TheraVitae. . .more power to you. Buddha must be looking after you.

Medical update is good. I'm getting good reports from my cardiologist and you know how nasty they are.

My 8 July '05 Echo showed a 15% EF. The left ventricular systolic function was severely depressed with an ejection fraction of 15%. The anterior wall and inferior wall were akinetic. There was severe hypokinesis of septum and lateral wall was severely hypokinetic. There was mild left ventricular hypertrophy.

My 6 January '06 Echo showed the left ventricular systolic function was moderately depressed with an ejection fraction of 30%. There was mild hypokinesis of inferior wall. There was no evidence of left ventricular hypertrophy.

In comparing the two tests, I think you will agree with my cardiologist and Dr. P. that my heart function has improved substantially. I also got good news yesterday (22 March) on my recent CXR that my heart silhouette is normal and there is no infusion or edema of fluid. Compared this with an 25 August '05 chest x-ray, where the heart silhouette showed mild enlargement.

I guess the overall conclusion is that the stem cells are working and my health is heading in the right direction and I'm almost normal which would be scary!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Site Feed