Adult Stem Cell Therapy Blog

Ohio Man’s Heart Stronger Following Stem Cell Heart Treatment

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - Stem Cell Guru

Yesterday Theravitae issued the following press release regarding the progress of one of our patients, Mr Harry DePietro.

+++


Comparisons of pre- and post-operative ejection fraction (EF%) tests show significant
improvement in Ohio man’s heart function following successful adult stem cell treatment in Bangkok, Thailand.

Youngstown, OH (PRWEB) February 28, 2006 -- For years, Harry DePeitro, 51, suffered from the debilitating effects of cardiomyopathy and coronary artery disease. However, five months after undergoing pioneering stem cell therapy in Thailand, his life has taken a dramatic turn for the better. Mr. DePeitro was treated at Bangkok Heart Hospital using his own stem cells derived from a simple, painless ½-pint blood donation.

Cardiac MRI test results prior to his treatment showed an Ejection Fraction (EF) of 26%. Three months after treatment, a post-operative cardiac MRI showed an improved EF of 31% - a 20% increase in the pumping ability of Mr. DePeitro’s heart.

Mr. DePeitro, a lawyer from Girard, Ohio, made the decision to undergo VesCell™ adult stem cell therapy from TheraVitae after his cardiologists informed him that he had no hope of recovery using standard heart disease treatments. “I was in a pretty bad way; I had applied for Total Disability, was hopelessly waiting for what seemed forever for a response to my application, and could barely walk a block without feeling pain in my chest. To be frank, I’d stopped making any plans as I as just waiting for the inevitable to happen.”

He follows in the footsteps of an ever increasing number of ‘no option’ heart patients, including celebrated Hawaiian entertainer, Don Ho, who have undergone VesCell therapy in order to improve their quality of life. In Mr. DePeitro’s case, the reasons were simple, “It was VesCell or give up on any of the plans for my retirement I had when I was younger. How could my life be over at only 50 years of age? That wasn’t something I could come to terms with. The guys at TheraVitae offered me a lifeline.”

In the five months since being treated, Mr. DePeitro has seen his quality of life improve dramatically. “I feel rejuvenated! While I’m not about to enter a marathon just yet, I feel as though I’ve caught a break. Until you’ve lived with the fear that everyday may be your last, you’ll never know just how good it feels to wake up and make plans for tomorrow.”

+++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Site Feed